The team is patiently waiting at Vinson Base Camp – the weather has not been cooperating and so far they have been unable to get a Twin Otter in to fly them out. I remain in Patriot Hills. The Iluyshyn is being held until our team is back from Vinson – but it seems unlikely that will happen today. Spirits remain good. Will keep you updated.
This is the steep headwall that rises up about 3,000 ft above Camp 2 and provides the passage to high camp. The base of the headwall is about 10,200 feet (3,100m). You can see small black dots on the right side of photo – this is a group of climbers making their way up.
The view from halfway up the headwall